Thursday 3 January 2013

Lakme Nine To Five Foundation Shell Review


                      Lakme Nine To Five Foundation Shell shade Review



My skin type is combination & even though I have fair to medium skin tone, I chose Shell shade because Marble was too light.

Also I find it difficult to get the right shade of foundation.



Available in 4 Shades:

  • Pearl - for Fair Complexion
  • Marble - for Fair to Wheatish complexion
  • Shell - for Wheatish complexion
  • Coral - for Wheatish to Dusky complexion





Shelf Life - 30 months



Price – Rs.450 for 30ml



What Lakme Claims:

  • A high performance foundation that keeps you looking flawless through the day.
  • The long-lasting finish formula does not smudge or streak.
  • It leaves skin feeling comfortable and supple for hours.



Review:

First I moisturise my face with Clean & Clear Oil Balancing Moisturizer.

And after that I dot the foundation on my face & blend it with my fingers.

One has to be very fast in blending it on a freshly moisturized face.

Otherwise it will not blend properly & become patchy.

You cannot apply this foundation directly on your face because it does not blend on its own.

That’s the only problem with this foundation. I got it a year back but never used it due to this problem.

Later on I found out that most users had the same problem on blending with Lakme Nine To Five Foundation.

I found out that many people also blend it with a wet sponge. Although I’m not comfortable with that.

I like the moisturizer method more.

My T-zone was oil free for up to 2 hours.

However if I use a powder or compact to set the foundation, it will keep you oil free for the entire day.

Lakme should mention it on the bottle, that this is suitable for oily skin.

The 9 to 5 matte effect is due to high powder concentrate.

I sometimes mix this foundation with my moisturizer & use it as a tinted moisturiser for light coverage.

Otherwise it gives a medium coverage.





Pros:

  • Suitable for Oily & combination skin, as it gives matte effect.
  • Long-lasting, does not smudge once applied.
  • Economical price for the quantity given.
  • Did not cause any breakouts or irritation.



Cons:

  • Not Suitable for Dry skin or during winters, as it does not give Dewy look & causes dry patches.
  • Cannot be applied directly – needs to be applied with Wet Sponge or after moisturiser, not for makeup beginners.
  • No SPF
  • No ingredients list on product.



My Rating: 3 out of 5



Will I buy it again: No, I have my eyes on Lotus Herbals PURESTAY Foundation.




No comments:

Post a Comment